Tuesday, October 16, 2007

I guess you can call me Sir Mix a Lot

SO I was watching Californication the other night ( great show by the way) and during the episode David Duchovny's daughter gives her guitar teacher a mix tape....mix CD. Now this is supposed to indicate that she had a thing for him. Unfortunately he is too old and he kind of likes her soon to be step sister. So here is my issue, in eighties movies, and nineties movies and television the mix tape is supposed to be the desperate attempt to get someone to notice you/ realize that you have a crush on them. The problem? I have given out many a mix tape/ CD in my life. I mean I give them out left and right and never thought about the possible signal I may have been sending.

I can count at least fourteen mix tapes/ CDs that I have made and given to people just because I wanted people to hear the music that I like. That is because people usually hate my music. So I put together a mix of music that I dig and say " hey check this out". But apparently this gives off the idea that I am totally into the individual. I admit that there were a few that I did give out to people I was interested in at a time, but not always.

This does explain however why a few of the female friedns that I did give tapes/CDs too started acting kind of funny towards me. They thought I wasn trying to take our friendship to the next level. Well at least I learned a lesson, and another thing about how society sees the trading of music.

Until next time

You can't spell music without a vocabulary

Perkins out

No comments: